God's Mighty Men
He has told you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justice, to love kindness,
And to walk humbly with your God?
The godly man:
- repents when he sins (1 John 1:9)
- considers himself dead to sin but alive to God (Romans 6:1–4 | Romans 6:11)
- seeks to remain humble rather than exalt himself (Proverbs 27:2)
- is a servant rather than demanding that he be served (Mark 10:45)
- leads by example (1 Timothy 4:12)
- (if married) loves his wife as Christ loves the church (Ephesians 5:25)
- (if single) lives in sexual purity, honoring God with his body ( 1 Corinthians 6:18 | Romans 12:1–2)
- seeks to be continually filled with the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18 | Act 13:52 | Galatians 5:25)
- desires to please the Lord more than himself (2 Corinthians 5:9)
- bears fruit for the kingdom of God (John 15:5–8)A godly man is not a perfect man. We will never reach perfection until we are in the physical presence of Jesus (1 Corinthians 13:12 | 1 John 3:2). But the godly man embraces his manhood and knows that Jesus, not the world, has set the standard for what it means to be a real man. So he strives daily to model his life after Jesus. He does not excuse the sins and weaknesses he finds in himself but continually surrenders those areas to God and asks for His help in overcoming them (Romans 6:11–14). Regardless of physical appearance, social status, or economic standing, any man can be a godly man if he loves God with all his heart and seeks to obey Him in every area of his life (Luke 10:27 | Galatians 2:20).From: www.GotQuestions.org
Men's fellowship Saturday's 8:00am at the Dunkin' Donuts Hamilton & I270.
In Kingdom Man, Tony Evans, challenges and equips men to fully understand their position under God as well as their position over what God has given them. It provides concepts men can follow that will help them to actively pursue ways to maximize and develop the character qualities of biblical manhood in their lives.